Resource Development Director
Reports to: President/CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Florence, Alabama
Work Schedule: 8 am- 5 pm Monday – Friday; must be available to work early mornings, late evenings, and weekends, as needed Travel Required: Local travel in the service area; some travel to State and Regional meeting
Salary Range: $30,000-$35,000 Commensurate with Experience
The Resource Development Director is responsible for developing and executing:
1) Annual workplace campaigns for the public and private sectors;
2) individual donor engagement including donors outside the traditional workplace and leadership affinity groups. The position will identify, cultivate, retain, and develop donor prospects in and out of the workplace. He/she will establish and strengthen relationships with donors, employers, and the community as a whole to build donor loyalty, raise/leverage resources, and ensure a positive brand experience with United Way of Northwest Alabama. He/she is accountable for the effective and efficient management of a portfolio of accounts generating annual contributions to meet or exceed organizational revenue goals. The position will seek out new individual and workplace relationships within the service area to grow resources for United Way and the community.
The major responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Successfully cultivates new accounts continuously and maintains and manages the current portfolio of accounts for Colbert, Lauderdale and Franklin Counties; keeps account notes up to date in software and ensures that account data is updated regularly.
• Trains, communicates with, motivates and utilizes campaign volunteers and loaned executives as needed for optimal results in reaching campaign goals.
• Supports Employee Campaign Coordinators (ECCs) with account visits, motivation of company campaign committees, delivery of campaign materials, coordinator training opportunities, and campaign follow up details.
• Schedules appropriate agency speakers and campaign materials for campaigns.
• Submits campaign results to President in a timely manner and keeps President apprised of current and potential accounts.
• Providing ongoing and timely donor recognition and appreciation
• Training and managing volunteers to support annual campaigns
• Developing and maintaining quality relationships to establish a large, committed volunteer base who support United Way
• Managing and updating a relationship database of current and potential donors
• Assisting with campaign related web and social media content
• Participating in community activities which contribute to the acquisition and retention of individual donors
• Acts as the lead staff in organizing the annual Kickoff Event, Day of Caring, Day of Action and Annual Meeting/Campaign Celebration, including the recruitment of volunteers and committees for each event
• Organizes and oversees distribution and collection of project request forms of agencies for Day of Caring; recruits companies and other groups to adopt projects and works with DOC Chair to ensure that groups are prepared for the work and participating agencies have needed supplies.
• Assists President/CEO with the preparation of all printed materials for said events, including the Annual Report.
• Encourages community-wide participation in Kickoff Event, Day of Caring, Day of Action and Annual Meeting/Campaign Celebration.
• Sends press releases and contact media about all United Way events; assists the President in the use of social media for the advertisement of United Way events; maintains positive relations and updates contact files for local media.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required in Nonprofit Management, Social Work, Business, Public Administration, Education or a related field.
Required Experience: A minimum of three (3) years of experience in non-profit fundraising. Experience with grant writing preferred. Technical Skills: Ability to successfully use Microsoft Office Suite and other technology to manage data and compose reports. Ability to successfully utilize social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) for Campaign advertisement.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
Other Requirements: Must have a valid state Driver’s License.
To Apply: Please submit your current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.